Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Thoughts on the Latest Doctor Who, and Easter Mayhem

So, I watched the season premiere of Doctor Who on Saturday night, and I have to say that I'm a little concerned with where the show seems to be going this season.

First and foremost, Doctor Who is a "family" show.

Mind you, it can be quite scary. In fact in England, most fans will say that they grew up watching Doctor Who from behind the sofa!

But this episode felt more like an "X-Files" episode rather than a Doctor Who.

It was a two-parter, so I am hoping that the conclusion will be a little lighter.

For anyone interested in starting to watch Doctor Who, I would not recommend this episode as the place to start.

In other news, an Easter miracle occurred, because for the first time in I don't know how many years, we did not have to spend any portion of it with F-Chan's family! Hooray!!!

Which of course, didn't preclude F-Chan from having to play chauffeur for Tiamat (his mother) in order deliver her over to his brother A's house for dinner!

Heaven forbid that A come and collect his mother himself! Oh no! That would be too much! (More on F-Chan's family in future posts with a handy-dandy guide to boot!)

Anyway, after that was done, we proceeded over to my sister's for Easter dinner.

It was a bit chaotic as she has three kids, (two of whom are twins-age 3!) plus there were her husband's side of the family there and they have kids, so it made for a rambunctious but fun day!

There's lots more details, but this has to be a quick posting, so I promise you more "dish" in the weeks to come! TTFN!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could comment but I have never watched one episode in my entire life. And now I feel as if I'm so far behind, why bother. Any advice? m.

    ReplyDelete