Monday, February 13, 2012

Yet Another TV Meme


Pick your five favorite TV shows (in no particular order) and answer the following questions. Don’t cheat!

1. Doctor Who
2. The Big Bang Theory
3. RuPaul's Drag Race
4. Project Runway
5. Modern Family

Who's your favorite character in #2?
It would have to be Sheldon. We share some of the same quirks!

Who's your least favorite character in #1?
Seriously?!! Probably Rose's mother, Jackie, from a few seasons ago. She was a crab. Good thing she's stuck in that parallel universe...

What's your favorite episode of #4?
Probably the one from Season 5 where that bitch Kenley Collins got "Auff'ed"! I hated her. She was rude to Tim!

What's your favorite season of #5?
Last season. I still love the show, but last season was much funnier than this season has been so far...

How long have you watched #1?
Well! The original series premiered in 1963! And it stayed on the air until it was cancelled in the late 80's. Then there was the movie in 1996 that was supposed to have re-launched the series, but, the British public thought that it was "too American" (which it was!) and so the series remained in limbo until 2005, and it has been a HUGE hit every since!

But, I digress...

I had seen the British Doctor Who "Dalek films" when they were broadcast on US television back in the late 60's. I loved them at the time, but, I had no idea that they were based on a TV show! (and just as well, as the Dalek films had changed the storyline of the show somewhat from what the show actually was all about!)

Anyway, the films were all I that knew of the Doctor Who universe until I was in my sophomore year of college. The town where the college was located had a cable network that offered a station out of New Jersey that showed old Doctor Who episodes on Saturday mornings! I just happened to turn it on one morning and slowly realized that the show that I was watching was Doctor Who! Woo-Hoo!

From then on I watched the show every Saturday and I was able to see almost all of the episodes of the Third and Fourth Doctor's periods! And when I moved back home I found that my local PBS station had started running some of the old episodes and I was able to watch most of the episodes from The Fifth Doctor.

Unfortunately, they stopped showing the series after Doctor #5 and as I had mentioned, the show was cancelled in the late 80's. So, that was that until 1996 when the BBC and Fox launched a joint venture for a Doctor Who movie which was supposed to re-launch the series. Unfortunately, they muddled with the character so much that, outside of some hardcore Whovians, it didn't do well at all! So once again the series idea was shelved until Russel T. Davies (the man who created Queer as Folk) decided that he wanted to take a stab at resurrecting Doctor Who, which he did in 2005, and the rest, as they say, is history!

How did you become interested in #3?
Well, I'm Gay, and I love Drag Queens! And since RuPaul was involved what more could you ask for?!!

Who's your favorite actor in #4?
Not really an actor, but, I love Tim Gunn! He's just fabulous! "Make it Work, People!"

Which show do you prefer? #1, #2, or #5?
#1 Doctor Who!

Which show have you seen more episodes of, #1 or #3?
Well, Doctor Who was on for almost 50 years, so what do you think?

If you could be anyone from #4, who would it be?
Tim Gunn of course! I love me my Tim!

How would you kill off your favorite character in #1?
Well, even if I did, he would just regenerate! ;)

Give a random quote from #1.
"Bow ties are cool."

Would a #3/#4 crossover work?
Actually, it's already been done.

Pair two characters in #1 that would make an unlikely, but strangely okay couple.
The Doctor and River Song, but, they already are!

Has #5 inspired you in any way?
There are certain lines of Cam's and Mitchell's that I have tried to include into my repitoire!

Overall, which show has a better cast: #3 or #5?
Unfortunately, based on my pick of shows, it would be like comparing apples to oranges...

Which has the better theme music, #2 or #4?
Obviously #2.

8 comments:

  1. I should be tucked in bed right now, but I'm a sucker for these. But so long, can I write it and mail it to you hon? I will answer the first one though.

    1- Desparate Housewives
    2- American Horror Story
    3- RuPauls Drag Race
    4- Once Upon A Time
    5- Absolutely Fabulous

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hardly any one of these names mean anything at all to me - well, 'Dr Who', of course, though I've never seen an entire single episode - and RuPaul - and that's about it! Looks like I'm the one living in a parallel universe (but it's cosy here).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stunned! I am shocked and stunned that YOU, a proud citizen of the United Kingdom of Her Majesty, Elizabeth Regina, has never seen an entire episode of Doctor Who!!!! (I may have to go lay down for a bit...)At least tell me that you're a fan of Jelly Babies and Jammie Dodgers! ;)

      Delete
    2. T/C, Jelly Babies & Jammie Dodgers? Are these the names of the latest boy bands by any chance? But if you're really meaning confectionery (and I'm not entirely sure that you are) IF, I say, then I'm afraid that since about a month ago they've been on the 'forbidden list' - but I never had a sweet tooth anyway, so why on earth was it ME who had to develop the big 'D'? There ain't no justice!
      (And keep Elizabeths regina out of it PLEEEEEEASE, or I'm a-gonna throw up!)

      Delete